Sunday, February 22, 2015

How I Will Promote Digital Citizenship in the Classroom

  1.          I will, “Advocate, model, and teach safe, legal, and ethical use of digital information and technology, including respect for copyright, intellectual property, and the appropriate documentation of sources.”  I will do this by teaching students how to find pictures and save pictures from the Internet using the Google search tools feature. I’ll also be mindful of teachable moments as I search the web with my students.
  2.        I will, “Address the diverse needs of all learners by using learner-centered strategies providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources.”  All of my students have access to technology in my classroom. I will make sure that students have research resources appropriate for their reading levels by researching and providing sites that fit my students’ needs. I will also use student tech helpers (classmates) and iPad accessibility features to make sure all students are able to use the apps/technology.
  3.        I will, “Promote and model digital etiquette and responsible social interactions related to the use of technology and information.” I will use Common Sense lessons to teach, model, and talk about appropriate digital etiquette. My students will then have a chance to apply what they learn as they make comments on a third grade blog, and participate in Google Hangouts.
  4.        I will, “Develop and model cultural understanding and global awareness by engaging with colleagues and students of other cultures using digital age communication and collaboration tools. I would like to take my students on a virtual fieldtrip using Google Hangouts so that they engage with students of other cultures. I have been looking for ways to start digital pen pals but none of them have quite panned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment