Monday, February 9, 2015

The three technology goals that I would like to accomplish by the end of this course are: Facilitating and inspiring student learning (substandard d), Designing and developing digital age learning experiences (substandard d), and Modeling digital age work and learning (Substandard b).

I would like to focus on ISTE-T standard 1b because I love the idea of engaging in learning with students. I’ve tried to keep my lessons student focused, but I often revert back to the direct instruction model, which is simply me sharing knowledge with my students instead of walking them through the knowledge seeking process. I would like to work towards this goal through the use of virtual field trips via Google hangout. This process would allow me to learn with the students, colleagues, and other professionals as we create and ask questions in a virtual environment.

ISTE-T 2d is another standard I would like to focus on during this course. The digital testing my students will encounter at the end of the year is always in the back of my mind. They are not used to taking assessments in a digital format and they are just starting to get used to reading text from a screen. I feel that they need repeated exposure to digital formative and summative assessments so that they are completely comfortable with the reading and technological skills needed to be successful on the SBAC (now CAASP). This will also give them the opportunity to assess their own learning and create goals based on the results of their assessments. I plan on using illuminate and the new CASSP practice tests to achieve these goals.


The final goal that I would like to achieve by the end of this course is ISTE-T standard 3c. My students are doing some amazing things in class, but most of the time I am the only one who knows. I want my students to be able to share their ideas and successes with their caregivers, peers, and community members because they work hard and should be proud of their work. I would like to achieve this goal through the use of a classroom blog or website. I could share the projects that students have been working on so that students could "show what they know" through a digital community.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, your students create some amazing things. Sharing their work will make learning more relevant and expose them to a wider audience. Also, it will help adults see how learning is changing and be a starting points for conversations about digital citizenship and safety. Your three goals are based on solid reasons for preparing students to be safe, responsible and prepared learners for our globally connected world.

    ReplyDelete